13.1 . Alif . Lam . Mim . Ra . These are verses of the Scripture . That which is revealed unto thee from thy Lord is the Truth , but most of mankind believe not .
13. 13.2 . Allah it is who raised up the heavens without visible supports , then mounted the Throne , and compelled the sun and the moon to be of service , each runneth unto an appointed term ; He ordereth the course ; He detaileth the revelations , that haply ye may be certain of the meeting with your Lord .
13. 13.3 . And He it is who spread out the earth and placed therein firm hills and flowing streams , and of all fruits be placed therein two spouses ( male and female ) . He covereth the night with the day . Lo! herein verily are portents for people who take thought .
13. 13.4 . And in the Earth are neighboring tracts , vineyards and ploughed lands , and date palms , like and unlike , which are watered with one water . And We have made some of them to excel others in fruit . Lo! herein verily are portents for people who have sense .
13. 13.5 . And if thou wonderest , then wondrous is their saying : When we are dust , are we then forsooth ( to be raised ) in a new creation? Such are they who disbelieve in their Lord ; such have carcans on their necks ; such are rightful owners of the Fire , they will abide therein .
13. 13.6 . And they bid thee hasten on the evil rather than the good , when exemplary punishments have indeed occurred before them . But lo! thy Lord is rich in pardon for mankind despite their wrong , and lo! thy Lord is strong in punishment!
13. 13.7 . Those who disbelieve say : If only some portent were sent down upon him from his Lord! Thou art a warner only , and for every folk a guide .
13. 13.8 . Allah knoweth that which every female beareth and that which the wombs absorb and that which they grow . And everything with Him is measured .
13. 13.9 . He is the Knower of the invisible and the visible , the Great , the Nigh Exalted .
13. 13.10 . Alike of you is he who hideth the saying and he who noiseth it abroad , he who lurketh in the night and he who goeth freely in the daytime .