14.1 . Alif . Lam . Ra . ( This is ) a Scripture which We have revealed unto thee ( Muhammad ) that thereby thou mayst bring forth mankind from darkness unto light , by the permission of their Lord , unto the path of the Mighty , the Owner of Praise .
14. 14.2 . Allah , unto Whom belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth . And woe unto the disbelievers from an awful doom .
14. 14.3 . Those who love the life of the world more than the Hereafter , and debar ( men ) from the way of Allah and would have it crooked : such are far astray .
14. 14.4 . And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk , that he might make ( the message ) clear for them . Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray , and guideth whom He will . He is the Mighty , the Wise .
14. 14.5 . We verily sent Moses with Our revelations , saying : Bring thy people forth from darkness unto light . And remind them of the days of Allah . Lo! therein are revelations for each steadfast , thankful ( heart ) .
14. 14.6 . And ( remind them ) how Moses said unto his people : Remember Allah ' s favor unto you when He delivered you from Pharaoh ' s folk who were afflicting you with dreadful torment , and were slaying your sons and sparing your women ; that was a tremendous trial from your Lord .
14. 14.7 . And when your Lord proclaimed : If ye give thanks , I will give you more ; but if ye are thankless , lo! my punishment is dire .
14. 14.8 . And Moses said : Though ye and all who are in the earth prove thankless , lo! Allah verily is Absolute , Owner of Praise .
14. 14.9 . Hath not the history of those before you reached you : the folk of Noah . and ( the tribes of ) Aad and Thamud , and those after them? None save Allah knoweth them . Their messengers came unto them with clear proofs , but they thrust their hands into their mouths , and said : Lo! we disbelieve in that wherewith ye have been sent , and lo! we are in grave doubt concerning that to which ye call us .
14. 14.10 . Their messengers said : Can there be doubt concerning Allah , the Creator of the heavens and the earth? He calleth you that He may forgive you your sins and reprieve you unto an appointed term . They said : Ye are but mortals like us , who would fain turn us away from what our fathers used to worship . Then bring some clear warrant .