21.1 . Their reckoning draweth nigh for mankind , while they turn away in heedlessness .
21. 21.2 . Never cometh there unto them a new reminder from their Lord but they listen to it while they play .
21. 21.3 . With hearts preoccupied . And they confer in secret The wrong doers say : Is this other than a mortal like you? Will ye then succumb to magic when ye see ( it ) ?
21. 21.4 . He saith : My Lord knoweth what is spoken in the heaven and the earth . He is the Hearer , the Knower .
21. 21.5 . Nay , say they , ( these are but ) muddled dreams ; nay , he hath but invented it ; nay , he is but a poet . Let him bring us a portent even as those of old ( who were God ' s messengers ) were sent ( with portents ) .
21. 21.6 . Not a township believed of those which We destroyed before them ( though We sent them portents ) : would they then believe?
21. 21.7 . And We sent not ( as Our messengers ) before thee other than men whom We inspired . Ask the followers of the Reminder if ye know not?
21. 21.8 . We gave them not bodies that would not eat food , nor were they immortals .
21. 21.9 . Then We fulfilled the promise unto them . So We delivered them and whom We would , and We destroyed the prodigals .
21. 21.10 . Now We have revealed unto you a Scripture wherein is your Reminder . Have ye then no sense?