29. 29.2 . Do men imagine that they will be left ( at ease ) because they say , We believe , and will not be tested with affliction?
29. 29.3 . Lo! We tested those who were before you . Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere , and knoweth those who feign .
29. 29.4 . Or do those who do ill deeds imagine that they can outstrip Us : Evil ( for them ) is that which they decide .
29. 29.5 . Whoso looketh forward to the meeting with Allah ( let him know that ) Allah ' s reckoning is surely nigh , and He is the Hearer , the Knower .
29. 29.6 . And whosoever striveth , striveth only for himself , for lo! Allah is altogether Independent of ( His ) creatures .
29. 29.7 . And as for those who believe and do good works , We shall remit from them their evil deeds and shall repay them the best that they did .
29. 29.8 . We have enjoined on man kindness to parents ; but if they strive to make thee join with Me that of which thou past no knowledge , then obey them not . Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what ye used to do .
29. 29.9 . And as for those who believe and do good works , We verify shall make them enter in among the righteous .
29. 29.10 . Of mankind is he who saith : We believe in Allah , but , if he be made to suffer for the sake of Allah , he mistaketh the persecution of mankind for Allah ' s punishment ; and then , if victory cometh from thy Lord , will say : Lo! we were with you ( all the while ) . Is not Allah best aware of what is in the bosoms of ( His ) creatures?