58.1 . Allah hath heard the saying of her that disputeth with thee ( Muhammad ) concerning her husband , and complaineth unto Allah . And Allah heareth your colloquy . Lo! Allah is Nearer , Knower .
58. 58.2 . Such of you as put away your wives ( by saying they are as their mothers ) They are not their mothers ; none are their mothers except those who gave them birth they indeed utter an ill word and a lie . And lo! Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .
58. 58.3 . Those who put away their wives ( by saying they are as their mothers ) and afterward would go back on that which they have said ; ( the penalty ) in that case ( is ) the freeing of a slave before they touch one another . Unto this ye are exhorted ; and Allah is informed of what ye do .
58. 58.4 . And he who findeth not ( the wherewithal ) , let him fast for two successive months before they touch one another ; and for him who is unable to do so ( the penance is ) the feeding of sixty needy ones . This , that ye may put trust in Allah and His messenger . Such are the limits ( imposed by Allah ) ; and for disbelievers is a painful doom .
58. 58.5 . Those who oppose Allah and His messenger will be abased even those before them were abased ; and We have sent down clear tokens , and for disbelievers is a shameful doom
58. 58.6 . On the day when Allah will raise them all together and inform them of what they did . Allah hath kept account of it while they forgot it . And Allah is Witness over all things .
58. 58.7 . Hast thou not seen that Allah knoweth all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth? There is no secret conference of three but He is their fourth , nor of five but He is their sixth , nor of less than that or more but He is with them wheresoever they may be ; and afterward , on the Day of Resurrection , He will inform them of what they did Lo! Allah is Knower of all things .
58. 58.8 . Hast thou not observed those who were forbidden conspiracy and afterward returned to that which they had been forbidden , and ( now ) conspire together for crime and wrongdoing and disobedience toward the messenger? And when they come unto thee they greet thee with a greeting wherewith Allah greeteth thee not , and say within themselves : Why should Allah punish us for what we say? Hell will suffice them ; they will feel the heat thereof . A hapless journey ' s end!
58. 58.9 . O ye who believe! when ye conspire together , conspire not together for crime and wrongdoing and disobedience toward the messenger , but conspire together for righteousness and pity , and keep your duty , toward Allah , unto whom ye will be gathered .
58. 58.10 . Lo! Conspiracy is only of the devil , that he may vex those who believe ; but he can harm them not at all unless by Allah ' s leave . In Allah let believers put their trust .