66.1 . O Prophet! Why bannest thou that which Allah hath made lawful for thee , seeking to please thy wives? And Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .
66. 66.2 . Allah hath made lawful for you ( Muslims ) absolution from your oaths ( of such a kind ) , and Allah is your Protector . He is the Knower , the Wise .
66. 66.3 . When the Prophet confided a fact unto one of his wives and when she afterward divulged it and Allah apprised him thereof , he made known ( to her ) part thereof and passed over part . And when he told it her she said : Who hath told thee? He said : The Knower , the Aware hath told me .
66. 66.4 . If ye twain turn unto Allah repentant , ( ye have cause to do so ) for your hearts desired ( the ban ) ; and if ye aid one another against him ( Muhammad ) then lo! Allah , even He , is his protecting Friend , and Gabriel and the righteous among the believers ; and furthermore the angels are his helpers .
66. 66.5 . It may happen that his Lord , if he divorce you , will give him in your stead wives better than you , submissive ( to Allah ) , believing , pious , penitent , inclined to fasting , widows and maids .
66. 66.6 . O ye who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire whereof the fuel is men and stones , over which are set angels strong , severe , who resist not Allah in that which He commandeth them , but do that which they are commanded .
66. 66.7 . ( Then it will be said ) : O ye who disbelieve! Make no excuses for yourselves this day . Ye are only being paid for what ye used to do .
66. 66.8 . O ye who believe! Turn unto Allah in sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your evil deeds and bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow , on the day when Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him . Their light will run before them and on their right hands : they will say : Our Lord! Perfect our light for us , and forgive us! Lo! Thou art Able to do all things .
66. 66.9 . O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites , and be stern with them . Hell will be their home , a hapless journey ' s end .
66. 66.10 . Allah citeth an example for those who disbelieve : the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot , who were under two of our righteous slaves yet betrayed them so that they ( the husbands availed them naught against Allah and it was said ( unto them ) : Enter the Fire along with those who enter .