8.1 . They ask thee ( O Muhammad ) of the spoils of war . Say : The spoils of war belong to Allah and the messenger , so keep your duty to Allah , and adjust the matter of your difference , and obey Allah and His messenger , if ye are ( true ) believers .
8. 8.2 . They only are the ( true ) believers whose hearts feel fear when Allah is mentioned , and when the revelations of Allah are recited unto them they increase their faith , and who trust in their Lord ;
8. 8.3 . Who establish worship and spend of that We have bestowed on them .
8. 8.4 . Those are they who are in truth believers . For them are grades ( of honor ) with their Lord , and pardon , and a bountiful provision .
8. 8.5 . Even as thy Lord caused thee ( Muhammad ) to go forth from thy home with the Truth , and lo! a party of the believers were averse ( to it ) ,
8. 8.6 . Disputing with thee of the Truth after it had been made manifest , as if they were being driven to death visible .
8. 8.7 . And when Allah promised you one of the two bands ( of the enemy ) that it should be yours , and ye longed that other than the armed one might be yours . And Allah willed that He should cause the Truth to triumph by His words , and cut the root of the disbelievers ;
8. 8.8 . That He might cause the Truth to triumph and bring vanity to naught , however much the guilty might oppose ;
8. 8.9 . When ye sought help of your Lord and He answered you ( saying ) : I will help you with a thousand of the angels , rank on rank .
8. 8.10 . Allah appointed it only as good tidings , and that your hearts thereby might be at rest . Victory cometh only by the help of Allah . Lo! Allah is Mighty , Wise .