3.151 . We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe unto Allah partners , for which no warrant hath been revealed . Their habitation is the Fire , and hapless the abode of the wrong doers .
3. 3.152 . Allah verily made good His promise unto you when ye routed them by His leave , until ( the moment ) when your courage failed you , and ye disagreed about the order and ye disobeyed , after He had shown you that for which ye long . Some of you desired the world , and some of you desired the Hereafter . Therefore He made you flee from them , that He might try you . Yet now He hath forgiven you . Allah is a Lord of Kindness to believers .
3. 3.153 . When ye climbed ( the hill ) and paid no heed to anyone , while the messenger , in your rear , was calling you ( to fight ) . Therefor He rewarded you grief for ( his ) grief , that ( He might teach ) you not to sorrow either for that which ye missed or for that which befell you . Allah is Informed of what ye do .
3. 3.154 . Then , after grief , He sent clown security for you . As slumber did it overcome a party of you , while ( the other ) party , who were anxious on their own account , thought wrongly of Allah , the thought of ignorance . They said : Have we any part in the cause? Say ( O Muhammad ) : The cause belongeth wholly to Allah . They hide within themselves ( a thought ) which they reveal not unto thee , saying : Had we had any part in the cause we should not have been slain here . Say : Even though ye had been in your houses , those appointed to be slain would have gone forth to the places where they were to lie . ( All this hath been ) in order that Allah might try what is in your breasts and prove what is in your hearts . Allah is Aware of what is hidden in the breasts ( of men ) .
3. 3.155 . Lo! those of you who turned back on the day when the two hosts met , Satan alone it was who caused them to backslide , because of some of that which they have earned . Now Allah hath forgiven them . Lo! Allah is Forgiving . Clement .
3. 3.156 . O ye who believe! Be not as those who disbelieved and said of their brethren who went abroad in the land or were fighting in the field : If they had been ( here ) with us they would not have died or been killed ; that Allah may make it anguish in their hearts . Allah giveth life and causeth death ; and Allah is Seer of what ye do .
3. 3.157 . And what though ye be slain in Allah ' s way or die therein? Surely pardon from Allah and mercy are better than all that they amass .
3. 3.158 . What though ye be slain or die , when unto Allah ye are gathered?
3. 3.159 . It was by the mercy of Allah that thou wast lenient with them ( O Muhammad ) , for if thou hadst been stern and fierce of heart they would have dispersed from round about thee . So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult with them upon the conduct of affairs . And when thou art resolved , then put thy trust in Allah . Lo! Allah loveth those who put their trust ( in Him ) .
3. 3.160 . If Allah is your helper none can overcome you , and if He withdraw His help from you , who is there who can help you? In Allah let believers put their trust .